Purpose of and Need for Research
* To check the effects of the pore size distribution of active carbon on absorption of taste and odor compounds, natural organic matter, endocrine disruptors and drug medicine, and to identify the absorption behavior.
* The result of the research on the efficiency of active carbon absorption for a certain matter can be used to design an active carbon absorber in Korea, and referred as an essential data for an evaluation of the effects of active carbon absorption and ozonation.
* The study also identifies the diffusion coefficient in gas pockets in active carbon to interpret the absorption behavior.
Contents and Scope of the Research
* To identify the physical properties of active carbon that has significant effects on absorption mechanism, the specific surface area and pore size distribution were checked using the BET analytical technique.
* The surface area and pore size distribution of the absorbent play important roles in the absorbing speed and behavior of taste and odor compounds, natural organic matter and trace pollutants. Therefore, this study on absorption and removal of trace pollutants focused on the characteristics of active carbon.
For more information, see the attached file.